Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies




I saw the original recipe for these cookies on Sugar Derby's website and I knew I had to try them. I was feeling a little lazy today though since I've been at work since 6:30 am. YUCK! So I went out and bought Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookie mix. I wanted to make these for my friends since we're all back from college now! I love Ghirardelli so I knew it would be a good mix. I changed a couple things pertaining to the way I made these cookies though didn't quite follow the directions because I wanted to experiment!

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

(Adapted from Sugar Derby)

1 box Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookie mix
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup white chocolate covered pretzels, crushed

1. In a small bowl melt butter in microwave. Set aside to cool.

2. Add the egg to the cookie mix and the cooled butter.

3. In a ziplock bag crush the pretzels. (I used an ice cream scoops) REMEMBER we don't want a pretzel powder we want PIECES of pretzels!

4. Fold in the pretzels and chill the mixture in the fridge for about an hour.

5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and drop heaping tablespoons of mixture onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...