Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

So the other day we had some brown semi-rotting bananas in the fruit bowl at my house. My mom told me to do something with them, she suggested bread, but instead I made muffins. Muffins are so much better, you can take them with you in the morning and they're perfectly portioned out! This recipe comes from an old cook book my Memere had. It's called The Blender Cookbook. Pretty funny! I didn't blend this recipe though I wanted to keep the bananas chunky. 

(Recipe from The Blender Cookbook)

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 small ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
walnuts to garnish muffin tops

1. Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and salt and set aside in a small bowl.

2. Mix the eggs, softened butter, mashed bananas, sugar, and vanilla extract. 

3. Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and fold in gently. Fold in the chocolate chips.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and scoop mix into lined muffin tins. Sprinkle muffin tops with chopped walnuts and bake for 20-30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...