Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Yesterday I went to the Kiss 108 concert with my friend and she told me to make some cookies that I thought everyone would like. I didn't think the girls would like them as much as they did! They were gone before I could blink! You can't bring food or drinks into the concert so everyone chowed down on these before we went in. They loved the hint of cinnamon with the chocolate chips.

I'm planning on for my next cookie adventure to make chocolate chip cookies with pudding mix, so keep an eye out for those soon! :)

(Recipe from Nestle)

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup egg beaters
2 tablespoons low fat milk
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup white chocolate morsels
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced walnuts 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat in egg beaters. Gradually add in flour mixture and milk. Stir in morsels and oats. Drop onto baking sheets in heaping tablespoons.

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown with soft centers. Transfer and cool on baking racks for 2 minutes. (I like my cookies super soft and chewy so I baked them for around 8 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...